Kids are back to school, days are getting shorter, and the leaves are beginning to change colour! Tomorrow marks the official first day of Fall!! Along with the change of Season comes a to do list around your home to prepare for the chillier days ahead!
- Fall is the perfect time to take care of maintenance on your deck. To prolong the life of your deck you should check for chips in the stain or seal. You shouldn’t apply stain in high temperatures. so now is the perfect time of year!
- Clean Out and Repair the Rain Gutters; readying your home to withstand the upcoming rain, wind, and snow. Its a good idea to wait until all of the leaves have fallen to save yourself from a “make-work” kind of project. And while your up on a ladder why not install some of your Christmas lights? Less than 100 days away now and its much easier to do while the temperatures are still above 0.
- To rake or not to rake… that is the question! Lets be honest; who actually enjoys raking? (unless of course we are talking about raking a mountain of leaves into a pile to jump in) Here are some reasons NOT to rake this year! Leaves are full of great nutrients that can help your grass and garden and according to an article published by The Weather Network “Once in a landfill, leaves break down to release methane, a greenhouse gas that contributes to climate change.” Check out the full article here! But lets be honest you can’t just leave them where they are! You won’t be all that popular with your neighbours And if you leave them in a big heap and don’t move them a bit then the grass under them will suffer! Use a multching mower! Appearance wise your yard will look great and your lawn will reap the benefits of all of those great nutrients!
- Pack up the screen doors and begin to think about storm doors in their place.
- Sealing the gaps! Anywhere unwanted pests, bugs, and cold air might Come Into Your Home. Like us; they too are trying to get out of the cold.
- Don’t forget to winterize your mower and tune up the snow blower! I know none of us are ready to really think about all of that white stuff yet but all the gas should be removed from the lawn mower before things begin freezing and you want to make sure the blower is running smoothy before you need it!
- What do you have in your garage or storage shed that could freeze? Pack up these items and ship them into your storage room in the basement or somewhere that they will stay above 0 degrees.
- Change the Direction of Ceiling Fans. By doing this, you redistributes warm air from the ceiling. Directing the warm air back down towards the main portion of a room helping to take away your temptation to turn up the thermostat just yet.
- Yard sale season is almost over! If you are looking to de-clutter or are planning on moving, Yard sales are a great way to get rid of that pile of stuff you have been holding onto and have nowhere for it. A good way to start; What do you really plan on taking with you when your home sells…. aside from strategically placed furniture for staging, everything else can and must go!
For more reminders and checklists for the interior as well as the surrounding areas of your property check out my Free, easy to use App with Homekeeprs!!!
We will ask you 10 simple Questions about your home than will customize a list of Home Maintenance reminders to help you take care of it. Not just for this Fall but all seasons and things in between! Ok, so you get a reminder for something that needs done around your home but you aren’t sure who to call….I got a Guy/Gal for that! Get a list of recommended service providers to help you do routine maintenance, Updates and Renos, or for Emergencies all within this one App! Because a Home Doesn’t come with Instructions!
Download it for FREE today!!! https://homekeepr.com/join/brent-ryan
So enough about the chores that come along with the Fall season lets talk about some of the fun! When we think of Fall we think of corn mazes, apple orchards and pumpkins!!! In our opinion, The Fall has some of the BEST weather out of the 4 seasons! Not too hot and not too cold, just need a light sweater … 🙂 So get out and enjoy the season because we all know how quickly it seems to fly by! If you are wondering where to go or how to find out what going on in the community, we have go you covered!
For info on events happening around the GMA here are some great resources to check out.
- Pickle Planet Moncton
- My community Calendar
- SNAPD Magazine comes out with a great monthly calendar in each issue! You can find them in many locations! the bank, grocery store, restaurants eat.
- The Tri City websites for Moncton Riverview & Dieppe
There are lots of great spaces to enjoy with your family in the Greater Moncton Area and Pickle planet Moncton is the only website you need to know to fill your calendar!. You will find a list of playgrounds and parks on Pickle Planet Moncton, as well as weekly round ups of family friendly events, links to local attractions, and much more to help you connect with the community! This week also celebrates